Hello,

I have a question about decoupling thermal and mechanical PDE solutions in a transient problem and was hoping someone can help me.There is an example problem already available showing a decoupled thermal/mechanical problem where the steady state temperature profile is first solved for, and then this temperature profile is imported in so as to solve for the thermal stress profile in the part. I would like to do the same thing but in a transient type problem. In other words, can I solve a transient heat transfer problem first, and then read in this temperature data at different time steps throughout the mechanical solution?The reason I want to do this is that my mechanical constitutive model is viscoelastic in nature, so I need to be able to continuously update the stress profile as a function of time and changing temperature. Without the temperature history also factored in, there is no way to calculate the true viscoelastic response. I should note, that I am able to solve the coupled equations simultaneously, but the solution time is very long ( if I could decouple them, I think I could reduce the computation time significantly).Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://www.pdesolutions.com/forum/phpBB … &t=579
PaaS marketing example

Thanks